This quick tutorial will allow you to add a fabric zipper casing to the end of any zipper closure.
When referring to zipper sizes, a #3 zipper has a 1" wide zipper tape. A #5 or #4.5 zipper will have a 1.25" wide zipper tape.
For ZIPPER CASING, cut:
#3 zipper: (2” W x 3” H)
#4.5 or #5 zipper: (2.5” W x 3” H)
(1) Exterior fabric
(1) Fusible woven interfacing
Interfacing: Fuse interfacing to the WS of your exterior fabric.
1. Take your ZIPPER CASING and fold in half along the 3” side WST and press.
2. Open up the casing to reveal the crease and fold in the top and bottom edges 1/2” towards the WS and press.
3. Fold in the left and right edges 1/2” towards the WS and press.
4. Fold the casing in half again along original crease and press again.
5. Insert the end of your zipper into the casing so that no zipper tape is exposed.