1" Strap end in 5 metal finishes
These are metal strap ends for 1" wide webbing and come in 5 metal finishes.
Sold in sets of 10.
These have a tumbled metal finish similar to metal snaps, it's not a glossy finish.
- These must be applied using a set of pliers that either have no teeth or use something thick and soft to protect the strap end from damage. (I use a scrap of fleece.) You must use pliers to set them properly.
- If using cotton webbing, make sure to apply fray check to avoid fraying. For nylon/polyester webbing, you can use the flame from a lighter to heat seal the cut ends of your webbing.
- Check that the teeth of the strap end are pointing straight down before applying to the end of the strap, otherwise they may flatten outwards.
- Apply a small amount of glue inside the strap end. I recommend using E6000.
- Insert the sealed end of your webbing inside the strap end and use your pliers to pinch the strap end, making sure it is completely closed and that the teeth are embedded into your webbing. (Please see note above regarding the use of pliers).